Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey is a minor hockey association based in the westside of Vancouver. With close to 1000 players,
we are one of the largest associations in the province, and we are striving to continually improve how we service our
Thunderbird family. Hockey is a sport that can be played no matter our age or ability, but it provides a place to be part
of a team; the dressing room is our home away from home where we spend time with our hockey family; and our involvement
in hockey can open doors to amazing life experiences. Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey provides a foundation that can
be carried by players far beyond the years they proudly wear our jersey.
Hockey is built on such fundamental skills as skating, passing, shooting and ultimately scoring. The mythological Thunderbird invokes the aspirational notion of “soaring” above the rest. Providing the opportunity for players – and all members – to “soar” in their hockey experience and in other facets of their lives is reflected in the related mission and vision of the organization.
Together, we invite our players to “skate, shoot…” and to “soar” both on and off the ice.
A thriving hockey community in which players, coaches, officials and volunteers are valued, respected and engaged.
Creating a rewarding hockey experience for our community of players that is founded on character, teamwork and the pursuit of excellence on and off the ice.
Player-centered, we aim to provide an unparalleled hockey experience that is rewarding to players and all Thunderbirds members.
- Develop & learn (as part of a total hockey experience);
- Safety & Support (creating and safe and supportive environment for all members);
- Teamwork & collaboration (internally and externally);
- Fairness & integrity (at all levels);
- Excellence & pride (in all of our achievements).
Our Code of Hockey and Leadership
- Establish the highest standards of conduct at every level of the organization;
- Provide players and all members with the tools and resources they require to grow and succeed;
- Ensure transparency and accountability in all decision-making.