- Please be aware that you are assigned a specific time for your ice slot – even IF the ice is vacant after or before your time slot, it is not yours to use. Your team is insured for the assigned time only.
- Practice ice time can be “traded” with another team. Please contact the manager of the teams you wish to trade ice with. Once both parties agree please email Tasha and she will confirm the trade. All trades will be confirmed by email. The ice scheduler must be notified of all ice trades prior to the ice time.
- As soon as you receive your game schedules, please ensure that you email an original copy of the entire schedule. If you have conflict games on your schedule Tasha will be in contact with you to resolve the conflict games - your game ice reverts back to the association when it is in conflict or when there is no league scheduled game.
(Conflict game is when you are scheduled by the League to play more than one game on the same day).
- Games that need rescheduling due to game scheduling conflicts, will be done as soon as possible. Please note that once you are given a new date for a game – It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the opposing coach is made aware of the date and time as well as your referee assignor. Please note: the only time a game is rescheduled is due to “double booking/scheduling or highway/weather conditions” – we do not reschedule due to team/coach personal commitments.
- If you will be playing a conflict game as scheduled you must email the ice scheduler, league manager and ref assignor once you have confirmed with the opposition.
- Some game times and practice times will be cancelled due to Clinics and Recreation Centre needs, and of course, game conflicts. Please note – I will do my best to reschedule these times, but practices may not be able to be rescheduled.
Procedures for contacting the Ice Scheduler
- Please assign only one person from your team to contact me.
- For all communication, please email Tasha
Sometimes, ice slots become available within our association's ice allocation. When ice becomes available, all coaches and/or managers will be emailed.
Last minute ice will continue to be on first come first serve but with more than 24 hours notice, it will go to those that have missed or are owed ice due to cancellations.
2017 – 18 Ice Important Dates and Cancellations
September 18- Vancouver Thunderbird MHA Regular Ice Begins
October 3 – Approximate Start of PCAHA schedules
December 23 – Last day of Ice before Christmas Break
December 24 – January 5 – Christmas Break
Saturday January 6 – Regular Ice Resumes
March 4 – Approximate last day of Regular Scheduled Ice. Teams will be allocated ice for playoffs etc after this date by ice scheduler.
Teams may have games scheduled up to March 14, 2018.
Ice is Cancelled at certain rinks throughout the season.
Below is the most up to date list as of January 17,2017
Wednesday February 7
UBC Pro - 4:00 - 5:00 PM
UBC A - 4:45 - 6:15 PM
Friday February 9
Kits - 4:15 - 6:15 PM
UBC Pro - 4:15 - 5:15 PM
Saturday February 10
Kerrisdale - All Day - 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
UBC Pro - All Day - 7:15 AM - 4:00 PM
UBC FB - 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Hillcrest - 5:00 PM - 7:15 PM
Sunday February 11
Kerrisdale - 71:5 AM - 9:30 AM
Sunset - 7:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Hillcrest - 7:15 AM - 9:30 AM
Kits - All Day - 7:15 AM - 6:15 PM
Monday February 12
No regular Ice
No regular Ice