No one could have predicted how our world would change over the past 6 weeks. The world of sport has also been dramatically impacted from the professional levels to the grassroots youth levels and everything in between. As a result, our Board and staff have been fully engaged in assessing the potential impact of the Covid-19 situation on our season. We have taken the following steps:

– the Board and Finance Committee have met more frequently to ensure an ongoing platform for information sharing and decision-making
– regular connection with BC Hockey in additino to weekly calls within the PCAHA community
– ongoing communications with the Vancouver Parks Board staff that oversee the arenas
– collaborating with a subset of PCAHA associations to engage with policy decision makers such as viaSport, Sport BC, and the BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA)
– conducting various planning scenarios to determine an appropriate course of action

We sent a short survey out to members two weeks ago to gather some specific information on how Covid-19 is impacting you and your families and how it is shaping your thoughts around the upcoming season. We received almost 400 responses within the first 24 hours and have continued to receive additional responses since then. Thank you! What you have told us is that 45% of our community has already been financially impacted to some level, with another 17% expecting to be impacted if the current climate continues for more than two months. What also was clear is the desire to be playing hockey next season as 85% indicated you were planning to register for the season and over 97% of you wanting to be on the ice but may need a bit of assistance to do so.

We will continue to work with our governing bodies and facility operators as they develop the plan forward for the return of our sport to the ice. In the meantime, we are dedicated to ensuring we are ready for the start of the season and will continue to plan accordingly. Our first, and most important step, is to open season registration as planned and we ask all of our returning players to register so we can determine our numbers.

Please click here to register. Please note that all fees are 100% refundable should a season not occur. You may also sign up for the instalment plan on the checkout page which will ask for a $150 deposit now and three equal instalments July 31, August 31, and September 30. If this amount is a barrier to registering, please reach out to Audrey and we will be happy to work with you to help keep your player(s) on the ice in this difficult time.

More information on season registration, including our fee schedule and other elements can be found here.