Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey proactively engages with fundraising initiatives that maximize the time and effort involved.
Every dollar collected goes against the association's expenses. This allows us to continue offering excellent programming without continually increasing fees in spite of continually increasing costs. While for some it may be easier if they could bypass the added fundraising requirements and simply have the fees increased, we have a number of families within our membership who greatly sacrifice in order to ensure their children play hockey. Our goal for fundraising activities is to engage with concepts that will not be cumbersome but rather either be a lot of fun which happens to raise some funding or identify ways of turning things we already do into cash back opportunities.
For the 2018-19 season, the Association will be engaging in the following initiatives:
- Purdy's Chocolates fundraiser: Who doesn't like chocolate?? Time to order some gifts for any occasion, but with delivery in early December, all those holiday festivities are made even better when you come bearing chocolate.
- Pub Nights: This one is much more about building our TBird community than raising a lot of funding so we hope that everyone finds some time to come out to the various nights that will be scheduled. Dates are being finalized and we will let everyone know when the fun can begin!
- The Athletix Pro Hockey Pool is a NHL hockey pool fundraiser where participants purchase a ticket for $20. Each ticket sold and activated will allow for 3 randomly pre-selected new teams per week of the 17 week period in the pool. Goals from the 3 teams played between Monday to Sunday will be added together to get a weekly total. The 5 tickets with the highest total goals scored will win a prize.Net proceeds from the Athletix Hockey Pool will be directed towards supporting the costs of the skill development sessions for all of our teams.Click here to see the winners from last season - with representation from across all divisions in the winners circle!
- FlipGive - this fundraiser is a way to raise funds that will directly go back to your team to help you cover team fees (tournaments, team activities, etc). It is a fundraiser that costs nothing for you or the Association to be part of, but has the ability to direct some funding to Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey just because you shop for your items online! Shop at stores such as Apple, NHL, Pro Hockey Life, Sport Chek, Under Armour, Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, Old Navy, Gap, Playstation, XBox, Swarovski, Ugg, Keurig, Expedia, and so many others. And all the stores are set up to ship to Canada as FlipGive is a Canadian company.All you need to do is start on the FlipGive website, select our team, and choose the store you want to shop at and you are taken straight to their website to carry on as usual. Once you are done, the store automatically credits the association with nothing else from you needing to be done!More information on this fundraiser will be announced shortly on how to set up your team accounts.
- Thunderball is an annual gathering which gives the parents a night out. Save the date announcement coming in November.
All teams will be asked to provide a gift certificate and/or basket of goodies with a value of $300 (or more) to be used as prizes throughout the year and or part of the silent auction at Thunderball. These can range from items good for the kids (eg. pizza parties, activities such as laser tag or escape rooms) to the parents (eg wine baskets, brewery tours, golf outings, etc). More information will come from the fundraising committee.