Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey proactively engages with fundraising initiatives that maximize the time and effort involved.
Every dollar collected goes against the association's expenses. This allows us to continue offering excellent programming without continually increasing fees in spite of continually increasing costs. While for some it may be easier if they could bypass the added fundraising requirements and simply have the fees increased, we have a number of families within our membership who greatly sacrifice in order to ensure their children play hockey. By spreading the fundraising elements throughout the season, when there is a cash requirement, it makes this much easier to handle financially.
For the 2017-18 season, the Board has approved the following initiatives:
1. Thunderball is an annual gathering which gives the parents a night out. Following a different theme each year, the evening requires all teams to provide donations for the incredibly popular silent auction. The 2018 event will take place on January 27, 2018 - click here for more details and to purchase your ticket.Net proceeds from Thunderball are used to offset the cost of ice at UBC in an effort to subsidize registration fees.
2. The Athletix Pro Hockey Pool is a NHL hockey pool fundraiser where participants purchase a ticket for $20. Each ticket sold and activated will allow for 3 randomly pre-selected new teams per week of the 17 week period in the pool. Goals from the 3 teams played between Monday to Sunday will be added together to get a weekly total. The 5 tickets with the highest total goals scored will win a prize.Net proceeds from the Athletix Hockey Pool will be directed towards supporting the costs of the skill development sessions for all of our teams.Click here to see the winners!
3. FlipGive is a fundraiser that costs nothing for you or the Association to be part of, but has the ability to direct some funding to Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey just because you shop for your items online! Shop at stores such as Apple, NHL, Pro Hockey Life, Sport Chek, Under Armour, Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, Old Navy, Gap, Playstation, XBox, Swarovski, Ugg, Keurig, Expedia, and so many others. And all the stores are set up to ship to Canada as FlipGive is a Canadian company.All you need to do is start on the FlipGive website, select our team, and choose the store you want to shop at and you are taken straight to their website to carry on as usual. Once you are done, the store automatically credits the association with nothing else from you needing to be done!How it works:
1) Go to www.flipgive.com
2) You can either set up your own account, or feel free to use the Association's account to remain completely anonymous.email address: email@example.com
password: Tbirds001If you set up your own account, search for the Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey team and join our team.
3) Use the search bar to look for a specific store or select the Categories drop down menu to see all the store options. Select the store you want and then the Buy Now button to be taken to the store website.
4) Conduct your business as usual! You are dealing directly with the store as if you went to their site directly, this just has the store share some of their profits with the association thanks to you doing something you would have done anyway.
5) Tell all your friends and family as this can be done by anyone anywhere!
Net proceeds from this fundraiser will be directed to the skill development of our players.
If you have any questions, you can email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Thunderbirds at the Canucks - Friday, March 9
We are finalizing the details for a night of celebrating as a TBirds family at the end of the season with a little Canucks action! Tickets can be purchased here.
Team specific activities:
Teams will require to raise additional funds for a variety of reasons (tournaments, additional ice, additional skills coaches, etc). These activities will be communicated to all parents through the team manager including an indication if the fundraising is optional to participate in or if it is required by all team members. Please note that each team participates in different activities and parents should address any questions or concerns initially with the team manager.