Planning is fully underway for the 2021-22 season and the time is almost here to open registration for our returning players.
We expect some are wondering what the season will look like. While we don’t know the future, Hockey Canada and BC Hockey have encouraged us all to expect a much more “normal” year with some adjustments such as cohorts for game play. We also know that we are ready for anything and have learned a great deal over this past season and are preparing to support our coaches and teams even more as needed.
Registration will open Monday, May 3 at 8:00 am for all players who played with TBirds last season as well as those TBirds who pressed pause on hockey for the year. All new to TBirds players will be invited to register in the first week of June to fill any remaining spots, so you will have until May 31st to sign up and guarantee your place. After that date, you will need to contact Audrey to confirm space is available.
To register for the 2021-22 season, click here. The fee collected in this process will include the base registration fee for all players in that age division, and a $75 per player volunteer fee (refundable based on family meeting program requirements).
We will be offering the ability to pay:
- the full base registration fee at the time of registration; or
- you can select the instalment plan which will require $150 to be paid at the time of registration with the remainder of the base registration fee split evenly for payment on July 15 and August 31. To select the instalment plan, on the payment page under where you enter your credit card information, slide the switch to the right to the ON position.
Rep tryout registration will be done separately this season and must be completed by July 15 at the latest. Please complete the season registration form and also click here to register for tryouts. Note that the tryout fee is a non-refundable fee.
If you are a returning player who is trying out for the zone program or a junior team, BC Hockey requires you to register with your home MHA, so please complete the rep tryout form in order to maintain your eligibility for the TBirds rep program. If you make a Hockey Canada/BC Hockey sanctioned zone or junior team, and do not participate in the TBirds tryout process, you will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
Tryout dates: We are currently planning the following start dates:
U11: September 10
U13: August 28
U15: August 28
U18: September 7
Referee Credit to 2020-21 U8 – U18 players
As communicated in the April newsletter, every player that participated in the U8 to U18 divisions this past season will receive a credit for the unused portion of the referee fees that were part of the 2020-21 registration fees.
The most expedient way to do this is for the vast majority of our returning players is through the season registration for next season. On the registration form, there will be an option on the registration form that will ask you to select if you are registering a returning TBird player (those that were actually on the ice last season with us) and then select the age division they were in this past season. The appropriate credit will then be applied to your amount owing.
For all U18 graduating players who we know will not be returning, we will be e-transferring your credit in early May.
For anyone who does not return next season for any other reason, we will credit you as we receive your transfer request or, if the player is not going to play hockey next season, please email Audrey by May 31.
Further information on all anticipated fees for the 2021-22 season, registration information, the refund policy and financial assistance options, including the Thunderbird Bursary, can be found here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Audrey.
Presenting sponsor for Recreational and Rep Divisions
current as of April 30
- Season registration will open on Monday, May 3 at 8:00 am for returning players. See information above for more details.
- Summer camp information will be posted by Wednesday, May 5 and registration will open Monday, May 10. We are excited to be able to offer programs for all of our age divisions and skill levels. Stay tuned!
- We continue to monitor Provincial restriction and updates from the PHO office and are hopeful things begin to loosen for our spring and summer programs. Click here to see the current restrictions
- Pre-registration remains open for the 2021-22 season for New to TBirds players. Anyone who was not playing for the TBirds this season will need to complete this form to begin the paperwork. Note that those who had registered with TBirds and withdrew due to concerns over COVID-19 do not need to complete the form. If you have questions, email Audrey.
T-Birds News Corner
It’s time to take the action out of the rink and into the community! Thanks to members of our U7 division, we have painted 9 hockey pucks and placed them around our TBird area in Vancouver to create a fun way to enjoy Spring Break. Do it with your family, challenge your friends to see who…Read More
We are excited to announce we have been successful in securing some ice for the April to June period and can’t wait to provide opportunities for TBird players to stay connected. Clinic details and registration links can be found here – registration opens on Monday, March 15 @ noon All clinics will follow the provincial Covid-19…Read More