Thunderbird Forms and Documents
Every rostered team official, Director of Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey and any appointed Board position aged 18 and over and dealing regularly with children must have on file with Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey a current criminal record check that includes a vulnerable sector search.
Once a criminal record check is on file with Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey, it is considered current for 3 years from the year of clearance.
A vulnerable sector search is an additional, secondary search of the criminal record databases that encompasses convictions for pardoned sex offences that have subsequently been pardoned (pardoned offences are not typically included in a criminal record check). Vulnerable sector searches are only available to individuals who are identified as working with an organization responsible for the well-being of children under the age of 18. Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey is such an organization.
Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey has registered with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General for our organization’s criminal record checks.
- Please send us an email and we will provide you with a form to complete. Return the completed form back and we will send it onward for clearance.
- If you receive a letter from the Ministry advising a further fingerprinting is required you must let the Association know. You have 30 days from the date you receive the letter to have your fingerprints processed. After 30 days your file will be closed and you will have to reapply and you will be removed as a team official until complete.
- The results are sent directly to the Association.
- Criminal Checks are for Association purposes and are not shared with other organizations or said individual as per Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
- Fingerprint Process (if you receive a letter in the mail):
- If you live in the City of Vancouver, you must attend the Police Station at 2120 Cambie Street (just south of the Cambie bridge) between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00 pm 7 days a week including stat holidays.
- At the City of Vancouver, there is a $75.00 fee for volunteers. Please pay the fee, obtain a receipt, and Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey will reimburse you.
- If you live on UBC campus, you can attend the RCMP detachment there and complete their required form.
- Criminal Record Checks Obtained For Other Organizations: Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey will accept criminal record checks or vulnerable sector searches obtained through other organizations through the system. Information on how to share your results can be found here.
- Please note any expenses that you incur for any certifications for TBirds will be reimbursed by the Association . For reimbursement, (upon completion of course(s)), please complete this form.
- Thunderbirds run cheques once per month which are signed at the Board meeting. Cheques will be mailed the following day. Therefore, please allow 2-4 weeks for processing (from date of submission to mailing of cheque).
- Note that all expenses for the season must be submitted during or by the end of that season.
At the beginning of the season, once a Team Manager has been named and this information has been provided to the office for the official team roster, the Association will provide the team with an allocation for paying officials. You (or your volunteer treasurer) will be required to maintain a record of game officials payments to submit at the end of the season and settle for shortage/overage with the Association. Click here for the form you will need to submit.